Vision and Focus
Matthew 18:5 ~ Children are a heritage from the Lord ~ offspring a reward from him and whoever welcomes one child… in my name- welcomes Me
Vision: As teachers and aides, God has placed a great responsibility in our hands. God has prepared us for this journey. He molded and shaped our character, equipping us for the challenge. Now God trusts us to help mold and shape the character of our students. (God’s Daily Answer for Teachers) Our vision is to mold and shape our students with God’s guidance.
Focus: “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
Theme: Mold and Shape our students as we: “Build a Team through Teamwork”
Age: Minimum age of 2 years old for the three day program, 3 & 4 years old for the four day program. Ages must be attained by September 30th.
Number of Students: The ratio is based on the Virginia state guidelines of 10 students per 1 adult for our 3 & 4 year old classes and 8 students per 1 adult for our 2 year old class. The classes are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Days of Operation: The three day program meets Tuesday through Thursday mornings. The four day program meets Monday through Thursday mornings.
Hours of Operation: School hours for all classes are 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
Required Documentation: Birth certificate and registration fee are required for registration. A recent health form and shot record is required before entering school.
School Calendar: The Preschool will operate from September through May.
Registration and Tuition
Registration is open to qualified students on a first come, first served basis. All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable and non-transferable registration fee.
Goals and Objectives
1. To encourage the exploration of the Bible, Christian values, and the significance of religious holidays; to help children gain an understanding of God and Jesus Christ.
2. To provide a nurturing, caring, and supportive environment, placing special emphasis on Christian example and principles.
3. To promote the development of fine and large motor skills.
4. To promote the development of social skills by using active exploration and interaction with adults, other children, and materials.
5. To promote the development of language, listening, and speaking skills.
6. To employ positive discipline.
7. To encourage communication between parents and teachers.
8. To provide clean, safe, and well-equipped classrooms and play areas.